Today, during lunch time; I was listening to a wonderful TEDx talk about how we as humans have the natural tendency to look at the negatives and getting stuck in them. It was quite true and the speaker Miss Alison offered a simple technique on training to focus our mind on the positives in life – a gratitude journal or thinking of what made us happy that day !
Life is indeed cyclical and so are our days. During a day, we experience several highs and lows. I have tried to start a project for myself, where in I list down at least 5 things/ people/ incidents which made my day a “Happy” day and I’ve decided to call it “The Happyness Project (THP)”. Starting today, each day I will post a short synopsis of what made me happy that day and let the people behind that moment know that I treasure that moment. So, essentially; it is happyness, gratitude & thankfulness all practiced together. These posts will not be pinned to my blog home page but will be published under the menu “The Happyness Project”.
A big thank you to the below people for making me smile today :
- My school friend – Starry John, for surprising me early in the morning with a Facebook post appreciating my blog ! It was the first thing I saw today morning and made my day magical ! Thanks a million, Starry ❤ You made me feel so special !
- My best friend Jaya, for lending me her patient ear, being so empathetic and making me feel loved, despite of being so flawed !
- My colleague, friend, mentor & a dynamic Toastmaster – Daisy for her encouraging words for my writings
- I generally start my mornings with a good morning message to some close friends. Today, due to some reasons I missed doing that. A bigggg thank you to my friend cum mentor cum ex colleague – Trupti & Mr. VP for wishing me the same and reminding me that I was missed !
- Towards the end of the day, I was feeling a little blue and missed picking up my friend’s call. When I told that I didn’t pick up the call because I was kind of sad, they very kindly told me to get ready and offered to pick me up and take me for a drive to cheer me up. Although I didn’t go out, I felt that as a very sweet gesture. Many thanks for your care and warmth.
- Last but not the least, the last pieces of Chocolate Walnut cake in my fridge ❤ Made up for my dinner & thanks to my brother Vatsal for passing on the walnut side of his piece as well to me 🙂