A few days back, during lunch time; I was listening to a wonderful TEDx talk about how we as humans have the natural tendency to look at the negatives and getting stuck in them. It was quite true and the speaker Miss Alison offered a simple technique on training to focus our mind on the positives in life – a gratitude journal or thinking of what made us happy that day !
Life is indeed cyclical and so are our days. During a day, we experience several highs and lows. I have tried to start a project for myself, where in I list down at least 5 things/ people/ incidents which made my day a “Happy” day and I’ve decided to call it “The Happyness Project (THP)”. Starting August 2nd, each day I will post a short synopsis of what made me happy that day and let the people behind that moment know that I treasure that moment. So, essentially; it is happyness, gratitude & thankfulness all practiced together. These posts will not be pinned to my blog home page but will be published under the menu “The Happyness Project”.
I had a happy day, thanks to :
- My parents, for sending us our childhood photos ❤ Thank you mummy & pappa for preserving our memories !
- Lunch time talks with Jaya, my best friend cum sister – you have been so patient listening to all my stories over and over again ! You help me to know myself better
- Rakhi celebrations in evening @ Home with Amit bhai & little angel Rahi
- Myself, for choosing forgiveness over hatred and anger for someone who hurt me with their actions
- Writing the post, during my evening commute; which is so close to my heart – to be posted soon 🙂
- Evening stroll by the Creek
- Skype call with my school friend, Dona. We spoke after so long but I never fell as if we were ever apart ! Guess, that’s the sign of true friendship 🙂
- Serene moments at Mandir & Gurudwara #ThankYouGod
- Laughter sessions over my new nick name – Courtesy : Vatsal, my brother 😛