A few days back, during lunch time; I was listening to a wonderful TEDx talk about how we as humans have the natural tendency to look at the negatives and getting stuck in them. It was quite true and the speaker Miss Alison offered a simple technique on training to focus our mind on the positives in life – a gratitude journal or thinking of what made us happy that day !
Life is indeed cyclical and so are our days. During a day, we experience several highs and lows. I have tried to start a project for myself, where in I list down at least 5 things/ people/ incidents which made my day a “Happy” day and I’ve decided to call it “The Happyness Project (THP)”. Starting August 2nd, each day I will post a short synopsis of what made me happy that day and let the people behind that moment know that I treasure that moment. So, essentially; it is happyness, gratitude & thankfulness all practiced together. These posts will not be pinned to my blog home page but will be published under the menu “The Happyness Project”.
Today was a happy busy day, because :
- Late lazy mornings, today being a weekend; I get to snuggle in my blankets 😀
- ‘Heartbeat’ game which acts as my wake up call, courtesy Vatsal 😛
- Healthy cum favorite lunch menu – Veg Rava Uttapam (with tomatoes, carrots, onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic, sweet corn & bell pepper) & coconut chutney 🙂
- Made birthday card for Tirth Mehta’s 1st birthday ! Card making is one of my most favorite things in the world 🙂
- Birthday wishes to my friend cum ex colleague Rachita – I found old snaps of her on my phone & posted them on FB to remind her of our crazy days @ RCP. And, I think it made her smile 🙂 Miss you, Rachita !
Snaps clicked at Tirth’s birthday bash with my favorite brothers
- Keeping up the 11K streak 🙂 🙂 #yeyyyy
- Play Date with a 5 year old Angel – Tithi Mehta ❤ Never knew that a simple thing like a balloon can give a kid so much happiness when you play with them. Kids truly are the best teachers. They teach us with their innocence that a little is all you need to be so much happy ! Thank you, Tithi for making me your friend 🙂