A few days back, during lunch time; I was listening to a wonderful TEDx talk about how we as humans have the natural tendency to look at the negatives and getting stuck in them. It was quite true and the speaker Miss Alison offered a simple technique on training to focus our mind on the positives in life – a gratitude journal or thinking of what made us happy that day !
Life is indeed cyclical and so are our days. During a day, we experience several highs and lows. I have tried to start a project for myself, where in I list down at least 5 things/ people/ incidents which made my day a “Happy” day and I’ve decided to call it “The Happyness Project (THP)”. Starting August 2nd, each day I will post a short synopsis of what made me happy that day and let the people behind that moment know that I treasure that moment. So, essentially; it is happyness, gratitude & thankfulness all practiced together. These posts will not be pinned to my blog home page but will be published under the menu “The Happyness Project”.
Today was a busy happy day, because :
- 1 AM talks with Hetal Bhabhi, who is a dear friend and my lovely sister in law. Thank you, bhabhi for all your words of encouragement. You, bhai & Jiya are so precious to me ❤
- Woke up before 6 AM after so many days (I ought to continue this streak now) which gave me adequate time to prep up for the day and thanks to my brother who packed up my lunch boxes as prescribed in my bags (yes – I carry my laptop bag pack & a tiffin bag :P)
- Morning study session of Fin. Mgt. #NailingIt
- My role with ToastMasters as an Excom member – VP Membership. It has thoroughly kept me on my toes for the past few days for the upcoming membership deadlines and I enjoy every bit of it. Thank you amazing team Excom & Daisy for your unflinching support. Also, thank you Trupti, for introducing me to TM Club here and encouraging me to be a part of it 🙂
- Lots of work to keep me super occupied and leaving no much room for worrying thoughts
- My lovely friend Jaya is back in town and Jaya, I have missed you so so so much over the last week. There are some talks you can have only with your girl friends. You has been such a pillar of strength and support to me and expressing all my deepest thoughts to you, frees me so much. Special thanks for all your prayers. I love you way too much ❤
- Shoppinggggg…. My brother was so glad we could buy everything quickly only from 1 shop else I’d have made him walk with me across so many stores till we find what we like 😛
- Writing – You are a beautiful person . This post is actually inspired by my FB post !
- Since days, I was confused about something. I had a tiny ray of hope and I couldn’t let go of something. But today, I read an article and every word of it pierced my soul so deeply, I finally decide to let go of that hope and be free from the wait and anxiety. I now know, even Silence is an answer. Hesitation is also an answer. Avoidance is an answer. Ignorance is also an answer. And the answer is a LOUD and CLEAR “NO” which I was trying to ignore with false rays of hope since long. I showed the article to Jaya, who also could resonate every word written and we have now agreed to LET IT GO 🙂
- Big big thanks to DN & Fred – my blogily friends from UK & The USA who have made my day super special with their love and comments ! I so treasure our interactions 🙂
- I officially declare I am in love with this song running on repeat mode on my phone – Jode Rehjo Raaj by Falguni Pathak.
Blog updated – Jode Rehjo Raaj – With English Translation