As much as I would hate to accept, I had/have been fearful. A lot of my thoughts and actions were governed by the fear of failure, the fear of rejection or the fear of letting down people who believe in me.
For instance, when I wrote the first 2 papers of my CPA, I went to see one of my most favorite friend and muse, a week before the result was to be declared and explained that I wanted to catch up before the results were out as I was worried “what face would I show you, if I fail”. These were the exact words I told and my friend was smiling before assuring me that I will do very well in my papers; which I eventually did.
The fear I hold is something which is embedded deep within me so to fix it temporarily wouldn’t help me much. Over the past few months, I have been into my meditation practice and also been trying to understand the WHY behind the fears I hold.
After a lot of introspection and interactions with some very inspiring minds, I have finally found the ‘mantra’ to be fear-free:
- JOY – Be happy and satisfied with what you currently have and where you are
- GRATITUDE – Be grateful for all you have in your life at the present moment
- TRUST – whatever be the outcome, it is meant for the highest good of all
- SURRENDER – It happens for a reason and sometimes, you will be able to connect the dots much later in life and then things will make perfect sense
- DETACH – Detach from the outcome of your desire. Be indifferent to whether it works out or not. Your role is only to be clear on WHAT you want and WHY you want it. Let the Universe take care of the HOW.