I had been intending to write this blog since April 1st and finally being able to have the pen and paper meet, feels liberating. Back in 2014, I started the 100 Happy Days Challenge on my IG where I would post a picture every day of something which made me happy. Reviewing back those pictures made me nostalgic 🙂 They were simple memories – books, breakfast packed from my favorite place on a weekend, watching the dogs play, seashells collected from the beach and stored in my ‘Treasure Trove’ box. I hadn’t managed to complete the 100 days challenge, I guess after day 34; I broke the rhythm and lost the momentum.
Consistency is such an important virtue in life, isn’t it? In all walks of life… It is not really about doing something just once or twice, but building habits, a sustainable growth path for oneself.
When I started ‘The Happyness Project’ in 2018, I witnessed my life shift – almost miraculously. I became a magnet to magic and happy vibes. I still bask in the warmth of how beautiful those days felt when amidst all the turmoil around, my days were bright and light. They say that the best competition for yourself is YOU! Today, I challenge myself for the 100 Happy Days challenge, again 🙂
Things that made me happy today:
- Morning phone call with my friend after days (which felt like ages) to check up on each other, talking about what made us tremble and offering an encouraging word to one another.
- Having ‘my’ people to talk to through the day – my brother and my mom (My angels – days feel incomplete without hearing their voice)
- Being brave enough to ask for help (being vulnerable, admitting you’re wrong and asking to be rescued means you’re putting aside your ego and willing to learn, listen and surrender)
- Finally taking the time to write this post…
- Good hair day! (My favorite) ❤