What gives meaning to life ??
— HOPE — Having something to look forward to —
What do you do when you mess up?
— Be sincere to admit — Work to make it right —
I had the last few days of intense self-reflection, which were followed by a lot of doubts, questions about self, work, interests, and the general direction of life. Not all of the journey was as fantastic as they show in the movies. There was grief, a sense of loss and some tears shed. I reflected on what I valued, what I needed vs what I thought I wanted, shared these vulnerable moments with a few friends who helped me stand back on my feet again and be grounded.
Moving past this challenging week, I thought to myself:
- I am grateful for the amazing people I get to call “friends” who have helped me through thick and thin.
- Just because you don’t enjoy doing something or find it challenging, it doesn’t mean you can “avoid” it.
- You have to face your fears, no easy way out. Try, fail, learn, triumph, and grow.
- When people show you who they are, believe them – THE FIRST TIME.
- Do things because it is who you are, not as a means to an end.
- Have things and people to look forward to in your day.
- Communicate – isolation leads you to darkness.
- Decide and take action.
- DON’T OVERTHINK. THINGS WILL UNFOLD OVER THE COURSE OF TIME.
- Commit to your goals 100%.
- Be kind and loving and giving.
- Be grateful. FOR EVERYTHING.
- Protect your Soul – it is sacred and divine.
Things that made today a happy day for me:
- Slowly getting back on track
- Eating healthy, no binging, no junking
- Blogging after days
- Writing that follow-up email for my dream job
- Conversations where I felt accepted, understood and appreciated
- Space my family & friends gave me over the last few days when I hid in my den
- Journaling my thoughts and prayers
- Doing my laundry and having a good hair day – makes me feel “in control” of life 😛
- Completing my pre-bedtime routine
- Setting an alarm I DO NOT want to miss for the next (early) morning